poniedziałek, 20 maja 2024

Class Materials for May 21-22, 2024

 Okay! We are starting academic presentations this week!

The crowd goes wild!

In honor of the occasion I have posted the schedule here.

Note that if you are unable to present on the day you are listed for but there are a total of three presentations anyway then that's okay. If you, for any reason, don't present when scheduled and there aren't three presentations that day then you go to the end of the line and will present only on a time available basis after everyone else.

Note also, that you may change your date (in agreement with another student) write me an email with the change and I will make it on the schedule.

As for the presentations themselves the format is slightly different from the general interest presentation, the changes are meant to make the presentation a bit more like the exam.

The student gives everyone but me a copy of your handout.
The student then leaves the room and waits in the hall.
I come out into the hall and briefly speak to the student then I go back into the room.
The student waits a few seconds, enters, gives me my handout and goes to the front of the room and waits for the cue from me to begin.
The student delivers their presentation (I'll give the time cues as before) then thank the audience and ask for questions.
At some point in the Q&A I will say 'Thank you' and then the student leaves the room (to horrible, horrible silence).

Then I open the door and the student comes back into the room cheers and applause.

See y'all in class!

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz